prospective individual (including employees and staff of Hong Leong Group) and entities (“Relevant Persons”) dealing with Hong Leong Company (Malaysia)
Berhad and its subsidiaries ("Hong Leong Group" and each member of the Group “HL”), from whom data have been and/or may in the future be collected.
2. Relevant Persons have in the past and may or will in the future be required to provide data to HL in connection with and/or in the course of their dealings
with HL. Data on the Relevant Persons may also be acquired by HL from publicly available sources and from within the Hong Leong Group.
3. The data that may be collected from Relevant Persons include his/her name, NRIC number/passport number (for foreigners), address, e-mail address,
telephone number, employer’s details, financial position, family members and personal information about them (and in respect of job applicants, includes
qualifications, employment history, knowledge, experience and expertise).
4. Relevant Persons are obliged to provide data that are identified as mandatory. In respect of data identified as optional, the provision of such data by
Relevant Persons is voluntary. If a Relevant Person does not supply such data identified as mandatory, this may result in HL being unable to provide
services or otherwise deal with that Relevant Person.
5. A Relevant Person's data may be used or processed by HL or on its behalf for the following purposes:-
(a) carrying out its instructions, providing products and/or services (whether by a member of Hong Leong Group or a selected third party), evaluating
and assessing suitability for employment (where relevant) and responding to enquiries by that Relevant Person or made on its behalf ;
(b) researching, designing, launching, promoting and marketing financial and other facilities, services and products of the Hong Leong Group and third
parties (including but not limited to the exchange of non-financial information with selected business partners and developing marketing lists for
exchange with selected business partners) and monitoring the provision, operation and use of such services or products;
(c) provision of reference (status enquiries);
(d) carrying out credit and other status checks and debt collection and assisting other institutions to do so;
(e) assessing ongoing credit-worthiness of Relevant Persons;
(f) operating internal controls including determining amounts owed to or by Relevant Persons, payment to or collection of such amounts from Relevant
Persons and from any persons providing security for Relevant Persons' obligations and enforcing any charge or other security granted by or for
(g) performing treasury functions;
(h) the enforcement of Relevant Persons' obligations, including without limitation the collection of amounts outstanding from Relevant Persons and those
providing security for Relevant Persons' obligations;
(i) assessing and analysing any insurance claim and assisting other insurance companies to conduct claims checks;
(j) forwarding publicity materials or other information to Relevant Persons from a member of the Hong Leong Group and charitable organizations from
time to time;
(k) meeting any legal, governmental or regulatory requirements in Malaysia or any other applicable jurisdiction, including disclosure or notification
(l) assisting any person who is acquiring or participating in any contractual arrangements between HL and the Relevant Person to evaluate the
transaction for such acquisition or participation;
and any other incidental and associated purposes relating to any of the above.
6. Data held relating to a Relevant Person will be kept confidential but it may be provided to:-
(a) any person under a duty of confidentiality to HL or to a member of the Hong Leong Group;
(b) any company or division within the Hong Leong Group (whether such company or division operates in Malaysia or elsewhere);
(c) any relevant agent, contractor or third party service provider who provides administrative, telecommunications, computer, payment, securities
clearing, management, audit, insurance, professional or other services to the Hong Leong Group;
(d) any banking, financial or other institution with which the Relevant Person has or proposes to have dealings;
(e) any credit reference agency and in default debt collection agencies or similar provider of debt collection or credit information services to the Hong
(f) lawyers, auditors, tax advisors, investment banks, and other professional advisors;
(g) any insurance company and any association or federation of insurance companies (whether or not based in Malaysia);
(h) any person or corporation to whom a member of the Hong Leong Group transfers or proposes to transfer its interests and/or obligations in respect of
that Relevant Person or any product or service provided to that Relevant Person;
(i) any nominee, trustee, co-trustee, centralised securities depository or registrar, custodian, insurance company, estate agent, solicitor or other person
who is involved with the provision of services or products by a member of the Hong Leong Group to that Relevant Person; or
(j) any person by whom a member of the Hong Leong Group is required by applicable legal, governmental or regulatory requirements to make
or to any other person reasonably requiring the same in order for HL to carry out the purposes permitted in paragraph 5 above.
7. HL may disclose data to any or all of the parties stated above and may do so notwithstanding the recipient's place of business is outside Malaysia, or that
such information following disclosure will be collected, held, processed or used by such recipient in whole or in part outside Malaysia.
8. A Relevant Person is entitled to ask whether HL holds data on them and to request access to and the correction of any such data held. A reasonable fee will
be charged for processing each data access request.
9. Requests for access to or correction of data held by HL, should be addressed to the Data Protection Officer at HL Management Co at Level 10, Wisma Hong
Leong, 18 Jalan Perak, 50450 Kuala Lumpur.
10. If Relevant Persons do not want to receive any marketing or follow up regarding products and special promotions from the Hong Leong Group, please notify
us in writing. No fee will be charged.
11. To help HL to provide a better service to you, please ensure that your personal data such as contact details including your home and office addresses, your
telephone numbers (including your mobile telephone number), e-mail address and other details registered with us are up to date.